8th media monitor BONUS: SUPERNATURAL, ASTROLOGY, etc. In an episode of Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho or KMJS aired on October 7, 2018, figures of Sto. Niño were seen moving from one place to another in Dinalupihan, Bataan. These Sto. Niño figures have also been reported to move their hands and has been therefore, believed to be miraculous. The Yap family’s original Sto. Niño has also reportedly brought back two other figures of Sto. Niño to their house. The story had insights from a physicist, psychologist, anthropologist and a paranormal investigator to further give the report context and provide additional explanation. The KMJS team has also installed several CCTV cameras in the Yap’s family house to end the superstition once and for all. The CCTV footages showed that the youngest child of the Yap’s family was the one who has continuously moved the figures from one place to another and admitted that he faked the evidences for the Sto. Niño to give their family a miracle. Residents of their town were also interviewed and said that they have seen the teenage boy walking around town with a small bag containing the said Sto. Niño. A provision of the KBP Broadcast Code states that “programs featuring superstitious and pseudo-scientific beliefs and practices, such as supernatural powers, foretelling of the future, astrology, phrenology, palm-reading, numerology, mind-reading, hypnotism, faith healing or similar subjects shall be careful not to induce belief in them. Care shall be taken to prevent the exploitation of people who may be easily swayed by such superstitious and pseudo-scientific beliefs and practices.” The show has successfully proved that the moving figures of the Sto. Niño was all faked by the Yap family. Soho also said in her concluding words on the issue to be careful not to immediately believe the things that people say especially when the evidences tell the opposite. VIDEO SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNIZM1W09Io
1. BA Broadcast Communication
2. Best Laid Plans by Sidney Sheldon is my favorite since because it was the book that made me fall in love with reading when I was a child.
3. Click starring Adam Sandler is my favorite movie because it’s a combination of drama and comedy which is a perfect description of my life.
4. Kara David has always been someone i’ve looked up to since I was a child. Her documentaries are stories full of importance and emotions.
5. My favorite song is Tonight by FM Static because it brings out all the emotions out of me. While my favorite band is Eraserheads since their music reminds me of the joys of youth.
6. Youtube is a social media site where you can post, like, dislike, comment and share videos of your own or of others. Youtube content varies from comedy, drama, every vlogs, travel vlogs to toy and gadget unboxing.
7. Carbonara is my favorite meal of all time because good memories of my past come rushing back to me whenever I eat it.
8. My hobbies include playing the guitar, writing stories and reading books.
View all posts by krischua